Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to relay this info if others here might be wondering about there steering and how to improve it on a 66-67 Fairlane.

I needed new tie rods all around and sleeves of course and even got a new pitman arm for the power steering. I got the correct tie rods from Kanter and the pitman arm from Chockostang and that pitman arm was new and cheap and it's open at both ends because it's for PS.

Anyway got it all on and found out my steering control valve and the two smaller hoses were just shot! We got lucky and found a rebuild kit for the valve and the last two hoses in town and finally after the front end alignment was done I couldn't believe what I was feeling! I recommend the rebuild kit for the steering control valve to every one, no need to buy a new complete valve.

I never knew how tight this steering could be and how well it feels now, I'm still in shock and have to tell myself now pay attention and learn how to drive this car again! LOL! :D

It's too bad winter is here and I won't be driving her much so all that's needed to be done is change the oil, add the gas additive and plug in the battery and cover her up and she's sleeping tell spring. :(

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
You really want a good feel do the borgnson steering box.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Good steering feel and no leaking.

·
Registered
262 Posts
is the rebuild kit hard? any specific tools? My 67 is like driving a bus. I have a 12" steering wheel on it to help. I put the stock wheel back on for sh$ts and grins. could barely keep it on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts