Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64 1/2 5 bolt 289 D code with Toploader 4 speed.

Does ANYONE have a pic of the clutch pushrod and the clutch fork for this combo?

It is NOT a later 65 on up bell and engine, and my clutch adjustment don't even touch the pushrod at it's farthest adjustment, so I have a mismatched part somewhere.

THanks!

FE

·
Registered
171 Posts
Without knowing all the perticulars I think I would cut the adjusting rod in half & thread the ends & get a long coupling nut & install between it & see if that might do it. Do you think that might work?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have you researched the various Mustang parts venders to see if they offer different clutch linkage parts for 64 1/2 and 65 cars. This may tell you which part is different. Silly question, but you are installing a new clutch, right?

Nathan

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just modified it by cutting the SOB in twain, and welding a nice tempered 12mm socket into the center :) Got my extra 1 1/8" out of it.

NOBODY has part numbers for 64 1/2 mustangs because they7 do not officially exist, and the parts are similar to the Falcon but different as the falcon frame rails between the motor where the Z bar goes is a little narrower than the mustang...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts