Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know granadas have the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and these can be used on mustangs, but i was wondering if the rotor is one piece with the hub like the 4 lug mustangs, if so are the bearings the same size as that of a mustang so i could just order some granada rotors from autozone and bolt them on for a 5 lug conversion?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Granada rotors are a one-piece unit. You didn't specify what year mustang you wanted to put them on, but if you are using the Granada calipers, you will need Granada spindles as well. Even if the bearings were the same, the caliper mounting hardware is only on the Granada type spindle. If you were wanting 5 lug wheels on a mustang II, then look in a street rodder magazine, you'll find at least a half dozen companys that sell direct bolt on 5 lug rotors for mustang II's, and they are inexpensive.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its for an 88 mustang and i dont want to swap all the caliper hardware etc... so if it wont fit without switching spindles i will just buy the aftermarket 5 lug rotors for the conversion but they are a bit more pricey then a stock replacement for a granda, like twice as much!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the Lincoln MarkVII had the 5 lug rotors and will bolt right on to your '88.

For 5 lug rears it is the driver's side axle of a Ranger. Don't remember year, late 80's early 90's.

What year Granada is this? If it 77-80 then those swap on real nice to early Mustangs, not your late model stuff though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so can i just buy the mark VII rotors and throw them on...i dont want to change spindles if i can get away with it, i guess the post should be titled 5 lug rotors....but its deosnt matter on the year of the car...i just want to buy new ones from autozone that will work without changing my spindles and calipers

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
we have quite a few in the yards in town. There are some still driving around too. You can find them on ebay most of the time. I picked up mine for $75. Just be patient and look around....youll find em.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Me thinks I should raid the JYs around here and start selling the spindles. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Granada 5 lugs stuff will not fit a Fox Mustang. If you want 5 lug, then a Mark VII rotor is a direct bolton. For the rear, you will need Ranger/Aerostar drums and axles. You need to vehicles to get the axles from as the Truck uses different sizes from side to side.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I understand that the 5 lug front rotors from mid 80's Ranger pickups will also directly swap with the fox bodied Mustangs. I have more specific info that I can dig up if you want. The rear axles are easy if you dont have a problem with 28 spline axles. The Aerostar passenger side, Bronco II drivers side and the Ranger drivers side all have the same length axle as the 79-93 Mustang. I sell the axles on e-bay, so I do alot of searching in the junkyards. There are lots of these available, real cheap for conversions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sure id defienetely appreciate any info you have on using the ranger rotors! but as far as rear axles im going to have to go aftermarket i guess because i need 31 splines for a mustang rear becase i already have a 31 spline eaton posi unit

·
Registered
318 Posts
The rotors you can use are from a 83-88 Ranger. They maintain the 10" front brake parts. Just for info, the rear axles are from the drivers side of a 83-92 Ranger or Bronco II. They must come from a 4 cylinder or a 3.6L-V6. You can also use a passenger side axle from a 86-97 Aerostar...just dont let that get out. Anyway here is a decent link that gives lots of good info. http://www.svo73mm.cjb.net/

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Umm... Granada spindles are meant for a upper/lower A-arm and shock type suspension.
Late model mustangs use a strut which bolts to the spindle, single A arm... no way you can make the granada spindle work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts