Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e spotted a granada with five lug front disc brakes! The problem is that I don't know what year it is. It has no tags.
Is there any other way to know if the disc brakes fit or bolt on to my 65 mustang.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The only other Granada is the fox chassis and it has four lugs as "stock" so that Granada should work UNLESS it's actually a Versaille which have different front spindles and brakes. Stu

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Your stock spindle will be different. If the car is a 70's Granada the caliper brackets will be bolted on to the spindle with two large bolts. The one at the top will bolt from the front of the spindle back ( head will face forward) the bottom bolt will have it's head point toward the car. The caliper sliders are held in with an allen head bolt. Stu

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

The hub on them is larger, as you can see in the picture. Best one I have, i didn't take one of the spindle itself

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thekingofazle on 2/25/06 6:48am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yes, You'll want to add an adjustable prop valve on the rear brake line to avoid rear lock up. I've done this swap on a '68 Cougar. You'll need the pushrod from the original master cylinder as the Granada one is about 2 inches too long. Stu

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got a set of 67 spindles. Will bolt right up, just have to use 67 outer tie rod instead of 64-66 outer tie rod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.