Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing the swap on my 66. Besides the parts from the Granada is anything else required?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Get a new MC, and rubber lines. Have the rotors checked and maybe turned. I also got some loaded calipers. Youll need some more hard lines and a few fittings to adapt some of them. Take a look at the bearings and races to see if they need to be replaced too.

Oh, and put a adjustable proportioning valve on the rear brakes to get them dialed in.

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 6/13/02 2:02pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
mustangs plus has a hard line adaptor that puts the end that connects to the flex line in the right spot to prevent overstressing the flex line.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have adapted front 4 piston calipers from a new Mustang Cobra to run on the Granade spindles
Were the mods easy or hard to do?
Paul

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
We're gonna have an article on this swap in the next few weeks. You can go here (http://www.geocities.com/casaravala/)

and go in the tech section, and read my "chronicle" of the swap.

The WORST part of it, in my opinon, is dealing with the brake lines and fittings. That was hell. If you have a brake shop nearby get in good with them, and maybe they can hook you up with an assortment of adapter fittings, because you will find that when you put in a new master cylinder, the stock fittings wont thread up.

Then, trying to plumb in the proportioning valve is a living hell. Mine would not stop leaking... finally took it to a shop and they got it going. DOuble flaring the stock steel line is hell too.

This second go-around we're gonna get everything installed, measure up the brake lines we need using wire, then have a shop fab them up.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-06-13 09:03, fnracing wrote:

Were the mods easy or hard to do?
Paul
We found some drawings on some brakets on the net for the swap but,it turned out they were kinda hard to follow so we just made a new design of our own. When I get the car back home to work on this winter I will post some pics of the front brakes.I have had some guys write me wanting to buy the brakets but,I'm not sure if it would be a liability if something went wrong? You know how important brakes are!

·
Registered
862 Posts
.I have had some guys write me wanting to buy the brakets but,I'm not sure if it would be a liability if something went wrong?
I agree about the liability issue. I would be interested to see the pics when posted though.
Paul

'69 Mustang (Summer) - 302-4V Automatic, Heddman Headers, Edelbrock 600cfm carb & Performer intake. Crane 278H Cam and Electronic Ignition.
'92 Grand Marquuis (Winter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 6/14/02 2:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
67stang, I didnt have that bad of a time with the lines. I didnt do any flairing. I used the drivers side line from the Granada and tweeked it to work. On the sections where I needed new line for the prop valve, I used some of the premade lines from the parts store. They come in differnt lengths and are already flaired and have the fittings on them.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I just used pre-flared lines from the parts store. Along with adapter fittings and a 74 maverick MS, nothing leaked-for me the worst part was finding that my ball joints were toast during the swap. A weekend job turned into a week job rebuilding the front suspension. Not good on a daily driver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts