Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
And just where is
Beside Myself, right next to You
?

If it is anywhere near BF Egypt, forget it.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
It might as well be for you - SW of Seattle. Long time no see. How are ya?

I'm a bit cramped for a couple months, but figure I can squeeze a couple hours here or there, like for Nic's C4. Same for the front-end work, but if we have enough hands, it should be doable with folks coming and going. Up to you guys.

David

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Hey Gary, I'm over in Port Orchard Washington, 98367.

It's on your map somewhere. You SHOULD remember it from last year and the year before when I invited the ENTIRE WORLD to my house for the First and Second Annual Ford Muscle BBQ Bash.
You seem to forget that I am a seasoned citizen with a diagnosis of accelerated CRS...

ENTIRE WORLD? Did Ann-Margret show? If she accepts this year's invite, I will find a way out there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am open for either weekend. Just let me know when and I will be there to lend a hand. Should go a lot quicker than Deb's car did since we don't have to press any bushings in/out. Just unbolt the old and bolt on the new go fast around the corners parts. Biggest challenge will probably be trying to get it all in alignment.

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
I just did some schedule searching, i can hit the car show at griots garage to see danny vernon on the 11th so the other 2 dates are fine. Almost had a moment when i saw he was going to be at a sumner show the 19th til i found the griots show listed. I'm on a mission to see this guy perform free and not have to wait til next summer! lol He'll be in port orchard on the 9th, where ever the concerts by the bay is.

Before i forget, Ron the cruises on Saturdays that were canceled this year on Meridian might be coming to the home depot lot here soon. Yay, i only have to drive a mile or two. :) They announced it at the show.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Guess it's time for me to chime in here!

Is Aug 18 NOT good for anyone?

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Fine with me eldon. Haven't seen Flip chime in either yet. I can bring an extra thing of tater salad to take home with him since he was bummed i didn't bring it this year. Then i'll think of something else to snack on. A loaf of bread and lunch meat, make sandwiches. French bread, lunchmeat and cheese, giant subs cut into sections.....

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
FE I thought Eldoon's Granada suspension was supposed to be done on your BBQ thingie last week sometime??

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Eldon's engine sprung a coolant leak in the manifold area just after crossing the Canadian/US border. With another couple hours to drive, no diagnosis, and nothing open at 6am, he opted rightfully to return it to the barn. We are looking to take another shot at it. We did the front upper and lower bushings on ShotRods's Galaxie at the BBQ instead.

David

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
And i have to say, it's still odd not hearing the mice squeaking when i go over any kind of bump! That squeak has been there for years. I keep forgetting to look and see if it sits level now or not. Always had the fat driver lean on the driver side. I'll have to look today at the cruise where it will be on flat ground. Something popped and now it steers easier also, i'm thinking it might of had something to do with those offset stabilizer things. But who knows. I did forget i think i heard it needs to sit on the ground before tightening those, or think that's what i've heard. At least one needs tightened up i noticed but it's no big issue, had one the same a few years ago like that. It is like driving another car for sure! Thank you all so much for working on the shotrod!!!

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
... Something popped and now it steers easier also . . .
Holy crap! LMAO!
Now that's funny! Yeah, I wondered about those over-engineered bump-steer eccentric bushing shafts and without a manual... Anyway, assuming you live until the next get-together ;) we can check and re-torque everything, and lube it up while we're at it. I'll bring my ol' reliable 60 year-old grease gun and use it on Eldon's also.

David

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Those fancy dancy thingys aren't in the manual so that's a "what you think boss?" item lol I did grease i think all the joints but only had one of those harbor freight specials and only one small tube of grease so got 3 squeezes in each one. One of the a-arm bushings the zerk isn't tight but if it had been i wouldn't have been able to grease it with the fancy grease gun since it doesn't have a hose but a metal tube. I could of sworn i had an antique gun around somewhere but couldn't find it of course. I have lots of those things that can't be found. Get moved everytime we moved and might even be in box still! lol

I'm guessing something was binding but sure doesn't sound like a good thing does it. So far it has been though. LOL I just bet it was one of the offset shaft doody bobs. :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well look at the bright side Deb, your car still drives after the clunk!! Mine, not so much.:mad: Still haven't had a chance to work on it yet. I guess that it would make sense to tighten up the offset shaft stabilizers while the car is at ride height. Didn't they get tightened while the front end was still in the air? Hopefully it was something popping into place and not out of place.

Eldoon, August 18 works for me as of now.

·
Registered
690 Posts
OK - let's make it Aug 18.

If FE the social butterfly's social calendar doesn't allow him to be present, we can just break into the shop and make a mess there (presuming it's not booby trapped, or guarded by Banjo the wonder dog!)

I promise to have everything checked out, but the GT will be there even if it has to be on a flat deck!

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
... One of the a-arm bushings the zerk isn't tight but if it had been i wouldn't have been able to grease it with the fancy grease gun since it doesn't have a hose but a metal tube. ...
Yes, Ron and I purposely left one Zerk loose so we could get to it for greasing after assembly, then tighten afterwards. It's all good.

I'll do my best to free-up time on the 18th.

David

1 - 20 of 132 Posts