Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '63 Ranchero with 4 lug steering. Years ago I got a set of granada disk break spindals for another Falcon never installed. Want to use them on the Ranchero but I am worried about bumpsteer. So I thought I would look for a pair of '64-'66 mustang V-8 spindals. Are they hard to find or I am not looking in right place? Or has someone came up with a way to make granada spindals work. As most people I have to live on a budjet so By the time I buy the '65 V-8 Falcon steering NEW spindals are not an option to much money and want to be safe! Thanks Ken

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I ran Granada spindles on the mustang for 30 years before switching back to mustang units to go to aftermarket brakes. Yes, there is more bumpsteer than stock, but nothing you're going to notice unless you REALLY try.

In a mustang, you can just use Granada outer tie rods to attach them. That's what I did.
In a Falcon, I believe you need to use a sleeve on the outer tie rod to fit them to the larger diameter Granada spindle.

https://www.mustangsteve.com/ may have the spacers, and possibly other things you may be interested in. He has some listed on his site, but I don't see those particular ones. May call/email to see if he still offers them... If he doesn't, you may find them using Google or Ebay. I'm sure someone offers them. I would also check out aftermarket brake suppliers. I installed Wilwood disks on the front of my car, and they attached to the factory (V8) spindles. Had aluminum 5-lug hubs, etc.

Some info from MustangSteve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts