Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the post on "Barnyard Cars", I came up with this topic. What is your (or anyone you know) biggest, best find that you can think of? Well, I have a pretty good one.
Here goes:
My mom loves to go to second hand stores and stuff like that to look for useless just that she sells on eBay for big bucks. (I do the same thing
)
Well, a while ago, my Mom was looking through some old "75's" (records) that she got earlier that day at a local auction type place that runs every-other week-day.
As the story goes, she saw an envelope sticking out of one of the old "album" cases. She pulls it out and sees that one, it is an envolope with a see-through hole, and two, through that hole she sees money.
She pulled out a wad, and on the top is a $100.00 Bill! As she starts counting and going down the wad, the hundreds keep poping up! There is a total of 10, yes ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS in the envelope! WOW!!

I could not believe it!
Well, as she enformed my later that she only picked out a few of the records from the pile that was there, and the one with $ happened to be one of them.
Anyway, she went back to the auction place the next day it was open to look at the rest of the records to see if there was more $$$. yea, right.
When I got home from school that day, I asked if she had any luck. She them pulls an envlope, just like the first one. I open it, and count off 10 more 100 dollar bills!!
2 Grand! Wozer!
Then she pulls out another. I say to myself, NO WAY! I open that one, and sure enough, 10 more! My mom just found 3K! I was and still shocked at her find.

Can anyone here top that story?
I am sure many of you here have some great luck stories, so post them!
I look foward to reading them all!
Thanks for the long read.
Matt

·
Registered
539 Posts
There used to be an old abandoned house on one our 40's. It was vacant and pretty much falling in. Right next to it was an apple orchard. Well anyway it was deer season and my Dad was in the house watching the orchard,got bored from lack of game and started rooting around. On top of an old stove he found an old jar. He opened it up and found somewhere around $300. This was back in the early 60's. That was a pretty healthy chunk of change back the.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I found a dollar out front of my house once, but I think it was mine anyway. Also my friend told me a story about finding some change down the side of his car seat once, but I think he's full of B.S.

Seriously, your mom is lucky! That **** never happens to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 63fstbk on 1/30/02 12:55am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I was at the Ford dealer in 1995 buying my truck.

While I was walking around the lot looking at the different models they had,I saw a huge roll of money laying on the ground!

It looked like a real nice find at first,but it turned out to be a "pimp roll".

I took the rubber band off it and all it turned out to be was a $20 bill on the outside with 27 $1 bills on the inside.

Im not complaining about the find,but I thought It was going to be allot more?

I ended up taking my friends out for pizza with the found money,so I guess it was kinda cool?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I found my wife 3/4 mile up the road from me. 21 years married. Now she was a find!!!

ohhh, I also was given a 12 bolt rear once (housing only) when I got it home it turned out to be a 69 camaro w/disc brakes housing. Sold that sucker for $400.00 in less than 2 hours. That was 12 years ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich Long on 1/30/02 4:01am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I lived in a pretty shabby neighbourhood, (drugdealers, hookers), on my way to work, just outside my yard,I found 7 100.00 bills (Canadian, so 5. US,lol). Had to be the druggies next door, so I bought a parts car, and took the wife out for dinner. Who says drugs dont pay, lol.
We moved from that neighbourhood a few years ago and no have 2 guard dogs, if only I had them at the old place half my stuff wouldnt went missing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
About 20 years ago a guy gave me a old Holley carb that was in pieces, said it was from his old BOSS 429 Mustang. Ten years ago I sold it at Carlisle for $600.00

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I was in college about 12 years ago. I was working at department store part time. One day a noticed what I thought was a dollar rolled up. I picked it up and it was a tightly rolled wad of 20-dollar bill, a total of $220 dollars.

I started to just stick it in my pocket and as a struggling college student I sure could used it, but I thought this belonged to some maybe someone who needed it more than me. Maybe even a young kid who work all summer for the money (I remember being such a kid). So as much I wanted to keep it and the fact that I sure could have used it, I turn in to lost and found at the store office. It was put in an envelope and marked with my name and locked in the safe. The store rule was if no customer comes and correctly identifies a lost item in 2 week the finder gets it.

Well, thinking that's the end of that I forget about it. Well, two weeks later the store manager comes to my department and hands me the envelope (money still in it). He tells me thanks and says, "That he would be very surprised if any other employee in the store would have been as honest as I was". It made me fell good and I didn't have to feel guilty for keeping the money.

It turned out that the money really helped me make ends meet that semester in school.

I looked on that incident as a test and a gift for above. Hopefully, I can pass such test in the future.

Dale302

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I was doing a lot of drugs with a frind, argueing about me having the only Cyclone Spoiler in town & I called his bluff. He took me to the bad side of town, blowing snow, and behold, under a car cover, 1970 Cyclone Spoiler 4:30 Drag Pak 429SCJ! and it was for sale! I had no money, no job, no future, he wanted $1700. I scraped up some tax money, anout $400 & was talking to a frind(he has more performance fords than anyone I know, around 20) He said, I'll loan it to you! We went back & talked to the owner that said, got an old man coming Friday to get it for $1700, I don't like him, want it for $1250? YES!!! Went home to get a battery, came back & it was parked by the garage rumbling & warming up. I rushed in to pay for it & saw his wife crying. I asked why & he said, my Judge convertable stays, she had to choose between the Spoiler & her black & gold '77 Trans Am... thank God she was a Pontiac fan. The whole time I was buying the car I thought these people look familiar. Turned out to be a distant relative, same last name. Car was a 1 owner, 44K miles car. Manual steering, manual drum brakes, houndstooth deluxe interior, & baby moons! Took it home, tuned it up, mounted the slicks from my '56 Vicky, first pass, 13.60. I love this car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
well to get in to it.
My old man picks at the town dump.
first find, looking at a junk fridge, he opend the drawres on the bottom and found an envelope contaning 200.
the next one was an electrolux vacume cleaner that he grabed for the hose, he brought it home and pluged it in and it ran well, but it was laboring/running hard. hepulled the bag and there was a bank envelope with 300 marked on the side. it turned out thar there was 320 in it, not only throwing the money out they could not count.
My stories.
Dana 70 rear 3.54 detroit locker, new brakes. 50. fit my 78 F250.
My white shitbox, 79 f250, 4x4, 521 E-broc heads, weiand stealth, E-broc 800?/750,Comp cams Xenergy 218/226 cam, L&L fenderwell headers, 3" exhaust, NP435, NP205, Dana 60 front, 70 rear 4.10's, dealer instaled A/C, half ass ranger XLT package, no cancer, but some surface rust three different colors (now rattle can white but some day i'm going to paint it right
). not running with a spun rod bearing. 600 yah the A/C worked too. The guy that owned it stiffed someone in a drug deal and needed a Grand or something i hooked him up with 2 grams of blow with the selling price. replaced the rod and bearing (had the local machine shop do it), got raped 300 or 400 to get it done. driving it for a year or two, no problems except for the seller coming by and wanting it back. that ended last saturday, he and 5 of his "friends" pulled a home invasion and stabbed a guy to death. I won't see the seller for at least 20 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts