Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although my original dealings with CHP were via a different website, I'm glad to see them on here, now!

I've bought my Probe shaft-mount rocker arms, my Dart Sportsman block, my 427 stroker kit, and even a replacement piston for a different motor from CHP.

I did alot of shopping, and they had the best deals I could find.

Welcome!
Lee Atkinson

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I too have had good service from CHP via a different website. Bought some of the stroker parts for my 393 from them years ago and some other items since then.

I also know of 1 incident where they sold a shortblock to my racing buddy and 2 years late the motor blows and research showed that the block had core shift and the piston broke through. This was my friend's drag motor. Mark at CHP ran with it and replaced the guy's 393 short block and rotating assembly with a 408, with no cost to my friend.

Mark really stood behind his product and made the situation more than right. :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Here's another for CHP and the staff. I bought one of their 347 ProStreet short blocks almost two years ago and love it. I went with their recommended cam (a Comp Xtreem Energy roller) and their Scorpion roller rockers along with my AFR 185 heads and my little '65 Falcon runs HARD!

Thanks for your tech support during the build too!

John

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Appreciate all the great comments guys! Really. Thanks so much. Its nice to see that all our hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We are a fairly small, family owned and operated company. Most of our guys here race and you'll never stump our guys on the phone :)

It really means a lot to see these compliments and I will be sure to share them with the guys. Thanks for making there days!

-Chris Petrini
Creative Director

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
CHP, What I've read here sounds good, I'm wondering if we can post questions? I've got a few and hope you don't mind me asking.

1) I've got a book for building "Big Inch Small Blocks" and I found a kit (317ci) offered by CHP but didn't see it listed on your web site, has this kit been dropped?

This book also says you offer the 331 budget/premium kits, are both of these still available?

2) I like the idea of stroking a 289 motor for my 66 Fairlane but wondered if one of these two kits can produce more bottom end torque.....my 66 is heavy and slow right now.

3) Can the stock 289 heads be used with either kit if they're worked over with larger valves and some porting/polishing?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
1) I've got a book for building "Big Inch Small Blocks" and I found a kit (317ci) offered by CHP but didn't see it listed on your web site, has this kit been dropped?

This book also says you offer the 331 budget/premium kits, are both of these still available?

2) I like the idea of stroking a 289 motor for my 66 Fairlane but wondered if one of these two kits can produce more bottom end torque.....my 66 is heavy and slow right now.

3) Can the stock 289 heads be used with either kit if they're worked over with larger valves and some porting/polishing?
Check out their website. They carry 306, 331 & 347 ci kits and parts for small blocks. They come in GT, Street Fighter, Pro-Street and Dominator. It depends on the power you're expecting to make and your wallet. I chose the Pro-Street version for my build mainly because it happened to be on sale at the time and therefore was only a couple hundred more than the Street Fighter. It has all the forged stuff like the steel crank, H beam rods, pistons, etc.

For a heavy car like yours I'd go as big as money will allow. More cubic inches equals more torque. My brother went with a 351W in his Fairlane and it runs pretty strong.

On any of the strokers I say better heads are in order if you can afford them. I'd think a decent pair of aluminum heads these days would be better than a ported iron 289 heads but I'm not an expert in that field.

Good luck!

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts