Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Hey 65galaxiexl, I don't know of any shops in that part of country but if your needing that green gone through then have you though about putting a 67-69 valve body in it to get the later shift pattern?

If so then Mattstang65 has one for sale cheap that he's wanting to get rid of.....he's just a few posts down from yours. This would be the best time to do it.

anyone need a 68 C4 valvebody

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What problem are you having?

It could be that old style VB.
It will not "move". It ran strong on the day the auto relocators picked it up. They called me from the holding yard, where it was to be loaded on a long hauler (from Ga. back to Ohio), because they couldnt figure out how to use the quarter stick. When I got to the yard to show I had to remove drive shaft push it (winch it) as it would was seized in a "park" state. From underneath I manipulated linkage to no avail.

·
Registered
576 Posts
LOCKED UP??? Engine not running??? Somebody lots smarter about trans will jump in here soon, but its either gonna be a broke parking pawl, or someone seriously abused that car between the time it was running strong and locked up sitting still....

They aren't in the Cincy area, but a couple hours drive East on 52 is Suburban Transmission in Portsmouth. Honest, reasonable, good, and guaranteed. They've done me excellant work over the years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOCKED UP??? Engine not running??? Somebody lots smarter about trans will jump in here soon, but its either gonna be a broke parking pawl, or someone seriously abused that car between the time it was running strong and locked up sitting still....

They aren't in the Cincy area, but a couple hours drive East on 52 is Suburban Transmission in Portsmouth. Honest, reasonable, good, and guaranteed. They've done me excellant work over the years.
Im sure they had a little fun with it at the holding lot before transport arrived. It has a stout Windsor, 4k stall, 4.56's and a shift kit. But, probably not much harder than I. What puzzles me is I drove it around that day, before driving it onto the local roll back...Then 4hrs later, I got the aforementioned call....HMMM

·
Registered
861 Posts
Im sure they had a little fun with it at the holding lot before transport arrived. It has a stout Windsor, 4k stall, 4.56's and a shift kit. But, probably not much harder than I. What puzzles me is I drove it around that day, before driving it onto the local roll back...Then 4hrs later, I got the aforementioned call....HMMM

Yup, HMMMMMMMMMMMM is right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bikesandfires...you may be on to something with the parking pawl. The motor will still fire up. You just cant get the tranny to go in any gear. The next chance I get I'll put her up on stands and pull trans out to see if there is anything obvious. Thnx for the input.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just drop the valve body and move the linkage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
PictureTrail: Online Photo Sharing, Social Network, Image Hosting, Online Photo Albums

This is a break out of the valve body. Don't be scared, nothing will leap out at you.
Pay attention to the position of the manual and throttle shift valves.
Take a picture so you know how to put it back together.

Drop the pan, remove all 7/16" bolts and the VB will drop out.

You may want to drain the convertor first or you will have fluid up your arm pits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PictureTrail: Online Photo Sharing, Social Network, Image Hosting, Online Photo Albums

This is a break out of the valve body. Don't be scared, nothing will leap out at you.
Pay attention to the position of the manual and throttle shift valves.
Take a picture so you know how to put it back together.

Drop the pan, remove all 7/16" bolts and the VB will drop out.

You may want to drain the convertor first or you will have fluid up your arm pits.
Thanks Stuart1...I'll see what I can do this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts