Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
The other thing you might try for the pivot ball is the pivot from a 77.5-79 F series with a 351M-400 and a NP435/ Spicer T18. It mounts behind the bell with the bolts for the bell. I will see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I seem to remember Burt Reynolds driving a 70 Galaxie with a 429 4 speed in the movie White Lightning, but Im not sure. I'll have to plug it in and look.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Funny you should mention the movie 'White Lightning'.
The car/cars that good old Burt drove in that movie ran the full gamut/range of drivetrains.
For sure, it had a 4-speed on the floor. It had a columm shift automatic. And if I remember correctly, it had a floor shift auto in a couple of scenes.
Also quite noticeably during alot of the chase scenes, (more then likely due to piss poor editing), it had either 5 or 6 speed transmissions to boot!
(not that I"m flaming the movie........quite the contrary, I love it..........just the accuracies, (or more to the point inaccuracies), of the movie make it quite funny to watch.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I enjoyed it and the hair on the back of my neck still rises when he starts that galaxie/LTD and it "cams" all to hell whenever I watch it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
One thing you definately do NOT want is an original SCJ stick bell housing. They use a unique flywheel and front plate. The starter is farther out with this setup. We ran into one of these setups in the shop years ago and it nearly made us crazy. Two hours in an OLD FORD dealership parts dept. with the oldest guy there finally solved the problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts