Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God willing the big 557 will be on the dyno by 10am on wed, My predictions are that it will make 800hp at the crank, 550hp at the rear tires and 500 ft lbs. The last time it was on the dyno it was impressive.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
WHat kind of carb and cam did Greg move to?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yeah.........I heard nothing of the 'upgrades'. Last I heard from Greg, he had a no start, because of a bad msd unit.
What size/type cam and what size carb did he go with?????????????

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Allrighty then..........
I want videos!! I want lots of pics! I want , I want, I want, I want.....

Survive.......yeah, right........it'll be just fine. Just don't break the guy's dyno!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
polar in all honesty, we're pretty close, apple here an orange here, Greg will post later, all went well. Alot of tunning and tring total was 515.0(i think), good day no oil was lost.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
15 hp loss with the air cleaner, eh? You had a big old K&N unit on there if I remember correctly. Bummer.
What next? More/bigger cam? Different heads? Or are ya just gonna 'sort it out' on the juice this season for now?
I'm also curious what exacting differences @ the flywheel (if you were doing it on just an engine dyno), those changes would have made. (I know they'd be similar, but curious exactly how much). Hmmmmmmmmm that air cleaner gig has me bumming already.............

·
Subscriber
329 Posts
Awesome car. Great power too. I'm hoping my 504 does two thirds of that. Another point; where do these cool banners come from?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in defense of K&N, the air cleaner was dirty, no a fresh cleaning. watch out Greg I bought a super sucker, too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
On 2002-04-03 17:10, Mike545 wrote:
polar in all honesty, we're pretty close, apple here an orange here, Greg will post later, all went well. Alot of tunning and tring total was 515.0(i think), good day no oil was lost.
Well Mike maybe I spoke to quickly
, glad to see everything went well! Well this is obviously headin to one thing....a match race for PA braggin rights
The Galactic 557 vs The 545 Stallion
Who wants to see it? Chilly can take the video

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Hell. If Chillster gets his capri together quick enough, he'll be right there in the THICK of things!!!!!

gonna have to hire a professional to video all the races!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
On 2002-04-04 11:00, Greg Cook wrote:
I'm up for the match race.

Mikey's got me beat by several hundred pounds, but I heard that rubbing on the guard rail doesn't do much for the E.T.s.

Maybe he could bolt some roller blades on the doors!!!
Nice Hammer. I forgot and maybe this should go under the quote post but "To be the Man, youv'e got to beat DA MAN!!

Drag, good point, Chilly sorry I owe you an apology, how much can a Capri Weigh?? Maybe you can seek up the middle, bite somebody or two in tha ass

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Outstanding power GC! You are a bitch, I just want you to know that. Yes, I am a jealous, jealous man!!!

Anyhow, it amazes me how two electric fans, one pusher and one puller, keep the Battlestar cool. Even more amazing is that they do it at all speeds. Those are Derale Tornados right? I'd really like to go to electric but I've heard some bad stories about their inability to do the job. If they work on yours, electrics ought to do the job on a way milder streeter.
Back to topic though, glad to hear it was a successful day. It's always good when you can learn and NOT break anything.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-04-04 14:28, Greg Cook wrote:

The torture test is Woodward Ave Cruise, idling in creeping traffic for hours on end. On one fan (puller) it will creep to 195*, turn on fan #2 and it will come down to less than 175* if there is any forward vehicle motion at all.

Last year I really got caught up in the thick of things on Saturday late afternoon. I mean, sit for 5 minutes, pull up 5 cars, sit for 5 minutes, etc.... It was August heat and the worse it got was 200* water, trans, and oil temp...That was with all fans running, two radiator and one trans cooler.

63 Galaxie Fastback 557" [email protected] mph
66 Fairlane 500 472" 4speed [email protected]
62 Sunliner Bone Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg Cook on 4/5/02 2:33am ]</font>
Hell ya! I was there with him at the 2001 cruise and I could'nt friggin believe how good that car stood up in that "bumper to bumper" traffic that day?

I'm in a constant battle with my fab shop guy to take my Falcon "off the street".We go back and fourth all the time,I always tell him real fast real street cars are kick ass!

Gregs car and the Woodward 2001 cruise days made me feel even stronger about this.I would'nt want a car that could'nt be at least somewhat streetable,I don't care how fast it is.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Chilly, that Capri with 408 and 3000#s is putting you right there with the big boys. You might be surprised.

Greg, did that Super Sucker spacer improve power all thru the powerband or only at the peaks? What about the K&N air filter, was it only near and at HP peak? The old 10:1 514 shifting at lower RPMs was needing much less air than your new 13.5:1 557 is so that's no surprise there. I guess we were dead on with the 32* total timing
Did you dyno it with the exhaust on or off? How much total did you gain from the other parts and tuning? Do you have a picture graph or numbers printout of the first and last dyno pulls? Should it run a .1 th quicker now in the quarter than before? Did you get new ET Streets or ET Drags yet for fresh traction at the track? I love asking questions!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Oh Greg, I almost forgot. Have you heard about the new aluminum MotorSport SCJ heads out now? 50HP increase over the old aluminum CJ heads we have now. Same port locations but much improved inside
May be something for you to think about.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts