Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to call Greg this morning and got recorded message saying he'd sold his inventory to Bud's Classic Car in Connecticut. Bud's phone number is (860) 738-2837. Called Bud and got message saying he was on the road to Florida to pick up Greg's inventory. Don't know how long it will take Bud to get up and running.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks like their site still isn't up yet. Has anyone dealt with Bud yet? I'm thinking about treating myself to some 63.5 weather stripping next Spring.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have, super nice guy. I just ordered all of the weatherstripping for my 63 Wagon. He wasn't sure about the quantity of one particular piece and actually went and measured out on a door he had in the shop. He could have just charged me for an extra couple feet, but didn't. He shipped fast as well. As a side note, since I haven't gotten around to installing my weatherstrip yet or posting a how-to, I will say that the quarter window kit does come with the required 3/32 semi-tubular rivets.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very interested in the fitment of the weatherstrip for your wagon . Could you please measure the space between door skin and glass when glass is in up position before fitting the weather strip ? I had real problems with mine when I bought it from Dearborn

·
Registered
81 Posts
I measured from the edge of the metal to the edge of the window when rolled up. I did this with the fuzzies in place on the upper and rear track. I measured 9/64 outter and 5/64 inner. The fuzzies barely touch, and the outter belt line just rubs as the window reaches the top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've talked to Bud several times and ordered from him several times. He seems knowledgeable and willing help on the technical questions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought more weather stripping for my 64 after recently buying all the clips for the exterior trim. Bud is great to deal with and knows these cars well. Everything is well packaged and clearly labelled which saves a ton of time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts