Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Installing the Ford GT supercar fuel pump into 99-2004 Mustang is pretty easy with just a few hand tools and a little time.

Tools needed:
Utility knife, new blade, metric socket set, jack stands, and floor jack.

1. After supporting car on jack stands, support tank with floor jack and piece of wood.

2. Remove tank straps and 3 bolts inside gas door.

3. Lower tank slowly until you have enough room to get to fuel pump cover.

4. Remove cover and pull tank canister from tank. I didnt disconnect any wires or hoses.

5. Remove cover off canister and remove fuel pump, cut wires about 1 to 1 and half inches from fuel pump plug.

6. On new pump cut plastic nipple so that it is the same length as old pump. Install black hose that came with new pump and cut it flush with end of nipple so all it does is increase the diameter of the nipple. I also beveled the edge a little, to ease installation of fuel line.

7. Cut a 45 on the corners of white plastic housing near electical connections so the fuel pump will fit into mustang canister properly.

8. Install pump and canister top using sock and rubber pieces from mustang pump. Strip and crimp a spade onto each wire and hook to new pump. Both pumps are labeled +/- and mine was opposite one another.

9. Reinstall canister into tanks and replace everything back into car.

10. I started mine before installing tank straps just to make sure everything was good to go.
Conclusion:
Good luck and hope my pictures help some.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This pump is working Great! See my other thread about T63 in a 2003 GT, I used HP software to calculate an estimated horspower of 405 at the crank and 350 plus at the rear wheels based on 1/8th mile mph and this pump still has plenty of room to spare. Also I have ran the car down as low as 1/4 of a tank of gas and it showed no signs of any problem getting starved for fuel. The GT canister is unmodifed, no holes drilled in it or anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sent you the email about this pump. you cut 45 on the corner trying to understand where you did that at? how did you bevel the edge do you have any more pictures showing this? Sorry to bother just trying to get this car running right and it is hard to do in Germany.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts