Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at purchasing a set of FRPP GT40-P cylinder heads but quickly realized I might have some big header issues. I have a 64' fairlane and as some of you might know, good fitting headers are few and far between. To my knowledge only one header fits, Hooker Super Comp's Pt. #6134. Does anyone know if these headers will clear the offset spark plugs on these heads? If not is it the same story with spark plug location on the GT40-X head or should I go looking for a comparibly priced TFS of E-Brock set of heads? I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I think you would not be happy with the "P" head, you would be much better off with an aftermarket aluminum head. Plus you gain the extra weight saveings, 50 less lbs over the nose of the car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you guys were right I'm gonna opt for the Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads... So since I'm running these on an 86' 302 block I will have to use pistons with bigger valve reliefs, and any set of stock length pushrods? This is gonna be in a daily driver that I want to make power from around a 1000-5500rpm (sound reasonable?), any input of cam choice and roller rockers would also be helpful, but remember Iam running a C4 with a stock converter and will probably have a 3.50's in back. I was looking at the comp came Xtreme enegy hyd. flat tappet with specs of Grind: 268, Lift: .515''/.520'', RPM Range: 1600-5800 , and I still don't know what ratio rocker to run but probably be a comp cams 1.6 ratio aluminum roller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts