Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any opionions on the GT40 X Cylinder Heads, i was thinking of putting them on a 88 mustang. What i am asking is this the answer or should i look somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I have them because I bought a gt40 302 crat motor from ford. I like them, and they flow well but for the price there are better heads out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well not really, what would you guys say s the best head for street strip use. But i do want to stess the street use, as it is my primary concern

·
Registered
377 Posts
If the engine is mostly stock, I would bolt on a Trick Flow TW head and install 1.7 rockers. Will wake it up big time.
Brian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ou812 on 6/7/06 9:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the engine is mostly stock, but I was planning on doing a lot of work at one time, i have a 70mm TB i wanted to put on a good manifold put a cam in it etc. etc. I want to get it somewhere in the 400hp range, and i plan to take every necissary move to get it there. I wouldn't consider me on too much of a budget, but i also am not going out to spend loads of money on a couple of extra horsepower, if you get what i am saying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts