Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on going to the track soon, just wondering what the Ricers usally do for the 1/4. Is there a lot of them, or any other exotics? In So. Cali?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Not trying to be any more sarcastic/cynical then I was in the original post, (when this was in 'the garage)
, but I do honestly believe you'll get the SAME exact esponses in the TECH area as there, being as the SAME people frequent BOTH areas.
With that being said, I will add: Why not just to go the track and see what the 'ricerbabies' are running.
Like any 'other' vehicle, there are going to be slow ones, really slow ones, and pitifully slow ones. Then there will be a few fairly quick ones.
It's too 'vague' of a question to be answered clearly....................

·
Registered
904 Posts
On 2002-05-30 02:32, andysam wrote:
...Is there a lot of them, or any other exotics? In So. Cali?
I guess you dont live in Los Angeles, because you cant go 5-10 min's without seeing a rice rocket, vette, viper,Cobra/Saleen's, ferrari, not that many Lambo's Though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't know about Carlsbad, but at the SD Stadium (Qualcom) they do come out, quit a bit. But that track is 1/8 mile. you see them all there, Baja bugs, mini vans, stangs new and old. The rice burners don't do that well. Go take a look.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hmm it depends on what you mean by ricers. All japanese cars, or the ones with stickers, neon lights, resonator tips, etc...

My 88 1.3L Rx-7 runs a mid thirteen just with exhaust and an autozone intake filter.

This is also without any stickers or lights, which I hear add at least 25hp.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They all run 16 seconds in the quarter mile. Regardless of mods, driver, stickers, tires, track, turbo, blower, nitrous, tailwind, exhaust, intake, spark plugs, CAI.

All of them run the exact same time.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
andysam, the reason why its in the garage is because I moved it there. I felt this topic was best in there instead of in the technical section.... I'll leave this reply here for a while then delete this whole post since you have it twice in the garage as well...

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sawbones, I'm don't like imports myself, but i have a friend whos runnin 13.2's all day long..not bad for a 95 civic hatchback with 4500 invested...I mean, respect deserves respect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts