Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all -

I'm ready to plumb my fuel system on my '68 Falcon. This is a 351W with an Enderle Bugcatcher mechanical fuel injection running on gas.

Looking for a source for some 3/4 aluminum line to run from my cell to my 80A pump. Enderle says AN -12 for this run. I can use braided steel all the way but at $7 to $10 per foot I'm thinking 2 - 3 feet of braided at each end and 3/4" hard line in between. Only problem is I haven't been able to source any vendors that list tubing this size.

Any suggestions, other than switching to alcohol and moving the tank to the front of the car? (That'll come later).

Looking for about 15' or so.

Thanks

Murff

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes...belt drive pumps struggle badly trying to suck from a rear mounted tank. Its not reccommended. Put the tank in the front now OR use a header tank up front to feed the 80A and feed that tank with an electric pump/float arrangement. You will save yourself time, money and head-aches if you do it now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Try mcmaster.com. I think part # 89965K62 or 89965K511, 89965K641
I use them a lot here at work.
Tracy

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Tracer64, that mcmaster.com has a pretty big list o' stuff! They actually offer a bendable aluminum tube that's .744 ID but it only comes in 3' or 6' lengths. Pretty close tho'.

CMF60 I think you're probaby spot on. I know you alky guys like that tank up front and since it's more than likely that we'll make the transition to alcohol in a year or so it looks like that's how were going to go. I'll still run the cell in the back but I am have a 'surge' tank fabbed up tomorrow to mount up front.

I'll run 1/2' (-8) hard line from the cell to the electric pump and from the pump to the front tank, then run the -12 braided steel from the front tank to the 80A. I don't think there will be much, if any, cost savings going this way but I do believe this setup will provide more consistancy in my fuel delivery. This is actually what the guys at goodvibrations.com (Enderle reseller) said I might need to do if I wasn't going to be able to rely solely on gravity to deliver the initial fuel load to the pump.

Thanks for the good advice and for making me do what I kind of knew was the right way to go.

Murff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Murff on 6/2/06 11:20am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts