·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hardcore has been down fore days.
at least i cant get on.
hope ford didnt kill another sight.
i noticed fomoco never came back.
i just assume they had something to do with it.
anyone else been there lately.
hope this sight isnt next.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I heard on another forum, they are moving the database to another server. Doesn't seem it should take quite this long, it's been at least a week if not more since I have been on the site. I tried emailing a couple of the admins, but haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, for sure this is the LONGEST I've ever seen it down. (having withdrawal symptoms).........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Apparently, HC5.0 is done for good. It's been over a month now. That sure is some valuable information that is lost if they don't get back online. Bummer. MJ

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
HC50 is back up, for those of you who haven't heard. Below is the email I received earlier this morning:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Recently, Hardcore 5.0 experienced what is for us a very uncommon outage. We say this because we have always preferred to run our own server equipment. Our decades of computer and networking experience has allowed us to maintain better performance, with simplicity of troubleshooting, even at increased cost to our company. This instance is extremely out of character for us, and we apologize to you, our members, advertisers, partners, and sponsors for any inconvenience or lost opportunites our outage may have caused you.

The facility where our server was housed went out of business abruptly, without notice, and as a result, made it nearly impossible for us to recover our equipment. After 6 weeks of unanswered telephone calls, we have finally managed to re-secure the hardware to rebuild the cutting-edge high-performance website that you’ve grown accustomed to supporting.

We will be updating the entire website with new, fresh graphics, better software, and the hosting services of Verio, a highly-respected, high-quality webhosting solution owned by NTT (the largest telephone company in the world). Verio has assured us that they can accommodate the load and provide us with the reliability that we require, with the security of knowing that they will be here today, tomorrow, and for the future.

We appreciate the unconditional support that you have shown us during this time of crisis as well as over the years, and we hope that you’ll continue to help us create the best Mustang tech and drag racing site on the Internet!

Best regards,

Brian Carner & Jason Reiss
Hardcore Performance
http://www.hardcore50.com

Thank goodness it's back up. Those folks may not be the most friendly people in the world, but the wealth of SBF tech is mind boggling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts