Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the 63 ive got has a 302 out of a late 70's granada. When i traded i noticed it had a little wiggle in it. They rebuilt the motor in 86 with everything new. Im going to assume the balancer is supposed to fit like all the chevys ive fooled with which is tight as hell. It hasnt worn the crank any so im assuming it is either a wore out balancer or the wrong one. Is it possible that he used a 80s crank and a 70s balancer is there a size change in these? Just curious what your thoughts are on this?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ok so the 63 ive got has a 302 out of a late 70's granada. When i traded i noticed it had a little wiggle in it. They rebuilt the motor in 86 with everything new. Im going to assume the balancer is supposed to fit like all the chevys ive fooled with which is tight as hell. It hasnt worn the crank any so im assuming it is either a wore out balancer or the wrong one. Is it possible that he used a 80s crank and a 70s balancer is there a size change in these? Just curious what your thoughts are on this?
no change in size but there was a change in balance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts