Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a 331 stroker for my Mustang. I am thinking about utilizing the Scat 9000 crank, forged pistons from probe so they will accomadate my TFS twisted wedge heads and forged I beam rods. What is the best Harmonic Balancer to use now? And I wanted to utilize a aluminum flywheel. What brand flywheel should I use?

Any suggestions a good dealer to purchase the parts from including the stroker rotation assembly?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. However, that was not what I was asking. I was needing some advice on what 'brand' of harmonic balancer or aluminum flywheel to use.

I have heard you need to be very careful with regard to harmonic balancers. ' Fluid Dampner' sounds like a good unit but I have never used one.

HELP!

·
Registered
304 Posts
as long as its SFI approved you should be ok...
TCI, FulidDamper, CAT etc....either a steel one or a "fluid" one will be good, dont get one with the rubber in between...

make sure u get the proper damper, with regards to the "height" etc and the correct hub and bolt pattern for the pulley....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.