Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have Crane "lock bar" roller lifters in two engines ... one is Hydraulic roller the other is mechanical roller.

I've had zero problems.

Is there anything specific you are wanting to hear about?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Part Number: 119821
Grind Number: HR-276-2S-12 IG (Hydraulic Roller)
LIFT: INTAKE @CAM 325 … EXHAUST @CAM 339

INTAKE @VALVE 488 … EXHAUST @VALVE 509
(ROCKER ARM RATIO 1.50)

CAM TIMING ADV DURATION
INTAKE 276 °
EXHAUST 284 °

CAM TIMING MAX LIFT DURATION @ .050
INTAKE 214 °
EXHAUST 222 °

RECOMMENDED RPM RANGE WITH MATCHING COMPONENTS:
MINIMUM RPM 2000 … MAXIMUM RPM 5500 … VALVE FLOAT 6500

This is the Hydraulic Roller ... This engine is a daily driver/cruiser so it really doesn't see high RPM, but seems to have no problems

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chilly,
What kind of open pressure are you running with your Crane HR lifters? Is the cam Crane, too, I assume? I know this is a purely subjective question, but how do you like that came for your cubic inch displacement, and what kind of "driveability" does it have? Does it have a noticeable lope to it at idle? Just trying to figure out how hot a cam I can get away with with a bigger motor. Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Kind of a side question here ...

Seems I've heard that bigger cubes handles more aggressive cams better than smaller cubes ...

Is there truth to that??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's always been my understanding too, Larry. That's actually part of the reason for my asking. I want to build something that makes good power and can run some decent times at the track on a recreational basis (not a devoted drag car), but I also am going to eventually put mass air efi on it so I don't want the cam so radical that it screws up all the electronics... SP

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks 67stang. Any idea how high those lifters are safe to in real life? I saw where Crane claims they're good to 7K, though I'd never try running them that high (engine won't be designed to go there). If you've got any dyno numbers with 'em I'd appreciate your letting me know.
Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts