Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local guy I know wants me to build him a good high torque, medium RPM, 300 six cylinder for his 4x4. If anyone can give me the head flow numbers for a stock or mildly ported head, or knows where I could get them, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Morgan, Just how much power/torque does this guy want? I remeber a few years ago an article on how to take Cleveland heads, cut'em and install on a 300. There use to be a 300 Maverick that campaigned at Mission that ran 9.90's

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have these from an older copy of Y-block magazine. Intake only.

E6TE castings
.015 .250 .350 .450 .500 .550 .6
1.78 Stock 87 122 140 156 165
1.89 port 100 142 175 202 215 227 233

it is not much, hope it helps

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gary and Clevor. That helps some. Now if I can just scrounge up some exhaust side numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Morgan, the guys at forsix.com can help a lot. There is a forum especially dedicated to the "big" six 300. Look for "Frenchtown Flyer". When it comes to the I6(particularly the 300), he's the man. He put a 300 in the high 9s using a truck! Being a former FORD engineer, he's one of the best(if not) when it comes to I6 engines.

When it comes to V8s, you're on top of my list Morgan. You helped me so many times before. Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words Bluetech. I'll see if I can pin down the "Frenchtown Flyer"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not to take anything off the other guys over there, but really you have to get in touch with "FTF"(as he is called). He seems aloof at times, but sometimes you can catch him in a good mood. You may even catch him discussing the different head designs of Ford. And even those that were not made into production. As I mentioned, he helped develop those heads! Good Luck.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts