Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has someone you know ever had one of them days. Well, Donna my better half works for Interstate Concrete where I work cleaning the trucks. Tonight she went to work and found one of the trucks still hooked to a trailer so she went to ask my pinhead boss to unhook it. Well, I guess he was to busy to unhook it so he told her how to do it. So Donna heads up back to the shop and unhooks the trailer, no problem. She brings the truck into the shop and find the clivis pin on the front seat so she went back to the trailer to replace the pin. She reaches down and set's the pin on the tongue and the tongue drops to the ground in a flash crushing her leg between the tongue and the lift support. The trailer is loaded with two concrete saws that weigh about 800 pounds a piece. To make matters even worse there's nobody around and here she is pined to the ground with her leg suck to the trailer. The trail has one of those supports that fold up to keep it from scraping the ground. You have to pull a spring loaded pin out and turn the support 90 degrees to jack the trailer. Well, I guess Donna didn't have the pin lock into it's hole when she jack it up. WHAT THE F*** So along comes one of the carpenters about 5 minuets later and hears Donna screaming. He gets her out and calls the boss on his cell. He tells him that Donna has hurt herself and that it didn't look good. The ******* says he'll be right up but I guess he had a few more important phone calls to make cause Stewart had to call him again to get he's MONEY HUNGER f#%!ING LAME EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN up to the shop to help.

Donna is not doing to good. She broke her leg and might have to have plastic surgery due to tissue damage. We wont know for a few days. She had to have surgery tonight to see if there was any damage to something I don't know. Time will tell.

Think I might look for another job.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I sorry to hear that, hope she's ok, give her my best wishes.
Time to take him out, go after everything he owns and pay all medical expenses. If she's not qualified for that specific job and the Boss gave her a 1 minute instruction cuz he was busy wacking of or something, he's liable I think. Try it at least for the medical bills.

Again, my deepest sympathy to Donna and hope things get better soon.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Man, that sucks. I hope she recovers quickly and gets what should be coming to her. Sorry to hear about that mess.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey, we'll keep you guy's in our prayers man.Good luck to your wife. Hope she gets well quick.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry for your wife hope she recovers. Just last night I witnessed something about as stupid. We are at my boys BB game, a member of the other team goes up with several other kids for a rebound, bodies get tangled and he ends up landing forehead first on the floor. He tries to get up but can't, of course they keep playing until there is a dead ball. One of my asst. is there along with his wife who is a registered nurse, she sits her ass in the stands, didn't move. Everyone there knew this kid was in trouble, finally we hear the AD ask should we call a doctor. The gym was dead quite at this point we could hear every word. Now we hear the AD ask for the number and thankfully someone shouts 911. My wife gets on me for dishing the school system ( she works there), yet they usually fail to impress me. Last fall, my boy is a tailback, he gets picked up and piledrived head first, doesn't get up. Coach asks if he is alright, Bart says no. He sits for 1 play then they play him the whole game, we end up at the hospital that night major concussion, puking, head aches, can't keep his balance for a week. All for the glory of high school athletics. The world is full of people who should not be in charge.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My sincerest condolences on your wife, Donna. I hope she has a painless and speedy recovery.

Just do you both a favor and get a lawyer. It is amazing how peoples balls tend to shrink when you pull out a big gun like a lawyer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
desertdroog I marched in the next day to see the AD my self. They are used to dealing with kids and don't know how do deal with p****d off adults. 2 of the coaches are not coaching anymore. My beef was that if schools want to have athletics then they should have some form of medical staff there. But a year later the same thing happened, guess they are slow learners.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've always thought that it is much better to work for someone respectable and fair but pays less, than work for a bastard who pays more. There are a lot of bastards out there though (reference to those of you that scored high on the "bastard test" not intended).

Your family will be in our prayers.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
If I was a praying type person, I'd be praying for your girl. Owitch, that hadta hurt.
I also agree, sue that cheap assfuck!

He needs to go down, and go down hard..................Then get a different job.........(gotta hang around and watch him suffer..........
As for all the 'school coach' type stuff, my bro-in'law is a basketball coach, (went to state twice), anyway, I watch him coach, and he's good. Can't say I've watched too many other coaches.....
Again, a speedy recovery and no pain wished for all..........damm, that's gotta hurt......(keep flashing a visual in my head of her pinned under /inside the trailer tongue).........

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well I just had to echo everyone's wishes for a speedy/uneventful recovery for your wife. Can't imagine how she felt. I keep reading your post about your wife's boss and just can't believe what kind of an all around idiot/jerkoff the bossman obviously is. Makes my blood boil
Don't love lawyers per sae but in cases like this get a good one and make this guy pay.

Best wishes and best of luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry my english is not the best and I dont know how to tell but I wish it comes all clear , and your wife recovers soon .
Robbi

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I sorry for you wife. Bad things seem to happen to good people all the time. What really pisses me off is the fact that he waited to help. I'd would have broke my own fkn legs getting there to help. Some people just need to be knuckeled in the face.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like Donna was the one with the bad day. I feel sorry for Donna and you need to help your wife though this. That was a traumatic accident for her and I wish the best to her. Keep us informed. Dave

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By no means was I implying that I had a bad day. I don't think I have ever had a day like that. Donna has been through an awful lot over the past few days and is doing well. She will be home on Friday we hope so we can celebrate her birthday witch is Friday.

She would like to thank all of you for your support and prayers it means a lot to her and me. Thanks guys.

As far as my boss goes he keeps trying to justify his actions or should I say lack of. But he's only digging his hole deeper. It's not easy for me to go to work and face this ass wipe every day without wanting to plow him into his next life. But I have to play my cards very carefully. He is scared I can tell you that he keeps on reminding me that Donna is a sub contractor and not an employee of Interstate Concrete. So I guess he feels he is not responsible for what happened.

If he pays the medical bills I would be happy. If not I feel I have to fight him in court. There is no way we could ever pay the bills and maintain our home no way.

Time will tell.

Again Thanks for all the support.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad to her e she's coming home. Wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me.
As far as your boss goes,hang that slimy f*in dog.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, it's not in her job description and I think he knows that.

I'll be picking Donna up at about 2:30 EST. She's worried about getting to her other job tomorrow. What a trooper. She sells antiques at a local shop and does real well but under the circumstances I think she needs to stay home and rest.

You just can't keep a good woman down.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
talk about determination, you have a good women. She should take it easy for at least the weekend or she might wreck herself more, but when do wife's ever listen to us.
Your boss know's he was in the wrong and is trying to cover his ass, don't let him.
If Donna wont listen to you, we will all pitch in here and tell her to take the rest of the week off and get you to be her LOVE SLAVE ALL WEEKEND!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts