Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to get the Falcon back on the road after a two year hiatus and I have a few questions.

Which head gaskets should I use on my 302 with Edelbrock RPM's? I used the Fel-Pro 1011-2 before but remember reading that the Fel-Pro 8548PT2 works great. Any pro's or con's?
I have an original Cobra T oil pan and it has been a real pain to seal up. I've got ARP studs to hold it down. What gasket should I use there? Do any of the one piece deals work with an aluminum pan?
My number three plug wire is right against my Hooker Super Comp headers. I have used the high temp boots from Napa with little success. What wires would you folks suggest and what can I do to protect the boot and wire from the extreme heat? It's was getting old keeping a spare wire and replacing it repeatedly. I look forward to the responses!
Thanks guys,
Len

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use 1011-1 gaskets with my RPM heads and they work great. I dont see why 1011-2 or the 8548PT2 gaskets would cause any problems. For an oil pan gasket I like the one piece FEL-PRO #OS13260T. I have never had even a drip out of one of those gaskets. Now....for that burned wire dilemma....when I had those headers I had the same issue. I purchased these little metal boot guards from Taylor and then I used their boot sleeves. I saw on an other Falcon that a guy used a the glass portion of one of those cheapie glass fuel filters and placed it on the plug boot. Seemed to work for him and didnt look awful. I see that Jacobs offers wires with ceramic boots...but they seem pricey to me. Tim.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim,
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the Fel-Pro #OS13260T gasket will work with the cast aluminum pan? The last wires I purchased were the red FMS. What brand wires would you suggest?
Take care,
Len

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes I have used that gasket on a Cobra T pan before...it was a reproduction one from Branda.Fit well and NO leaks. I use the FMS wires too. I would only use those or Performance Distributors "LIVE WIRES".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts