Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For performance engine building, state type of head gasket used and list what type of sealer used if any. Thanks

Non copper, no sealer

·
Registered
659 Posts
felpro

·
Registered
377 Posts
Victor Solicor gasket, no sealer either. Have run these up to 14:1 with zero problems!
Also like Victor's mls gaskets...use sealer on those.
Brian

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2006-11-14 22:24, ou812 wrote:
Victor Solicor gasket, no sealer either. Have run these up to 14:1 with zero problems!
Also like Victor's mls gaskets...use sealer on those.
Brian
OU812, Why do you use sealer with the MLS?
Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Unless the finish on the heads and block is around 20 RA, normal cutter lines left from milling will let water leak past the gasket.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-11-15 16:46, ou812 wrote:
Unless the finish on the heads and block is around 20 RA, normal cutter lines left from milling will let water leak past the gasket.
OU812,
This is what looks like happened to mine. The finish was too rough?
Why don't you use sealer on the Victor gaskets?
What type of sealer do you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
FelPro
No sealer

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cometics don't like alot of nitrous either, at least they didn't on my motor.....had consistent seapage problems when using them also......i'll probably never run them again unless a customer specifies them.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
felpro for me. If the tune isn't spot on, I'd rather the gasket fail than burn the head, block or piston.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I used.....
FelPro 1011-1, no sealer, on new 333 stroker w/windsor JR iron lungs. Thus far, no signs of leakage issues.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
McCord Graphpac or Cometic. The graphpac is one ritious holder I usually have to pry the heads off to get them to release

1 - 18 of 18 Posts