Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for head gaskets for an aluminum head,carb,N/A 347.I have not found any 4.030 head gaskets except Cometic.Are 4.016 fel-pro 1011-2 or victor 3428-sg or mr.gasket 5707 good enough for daily driver ,mild street action fun car( no track,no speed shifting) or are the cometics cheap insurance.PLEASE school me on head gasket selection-ANY info,comment,part number or BIASED OPINION will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
176 Posts
i stick with the tried and true fel-pro i would think it would work fine unless its supercharged and you have higher then normal cylinder pressure

·
Registered
501 Posts
Cometics will not work with some heads. Heads with steam eyebrows will leak water with cometic head gaskets.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right they do ,here is my choice (down from 5 to last 2) 1011-2 fel pro ,UP lower cost and on the shelf known entity,Down .039 compressed thickness will cost .2 (if it seems stupid/stubborn to AGONIZE over 9.9:1 Vs. 10.1:1 please just SAY SO!) of a point CR and I can't find 4.030 bore only 4.016 and 4.100-I would think there would be more gaskets listed for .030 over SBF. Other choice is cometic .027 thickness and exact bore size ,UP right thickness and bore size Downs are cost,availabilty and no friends or co-workers with Cometic experience

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: badmts on 7/21/06 1:46pm ]</font>

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use FelPro. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I'd use the Fel Pro. There won't be any difference between 9.9 and 10.1 so don't worry about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts