Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how much does it cost to have 351C 2V head machined for screw in studs? I want to go with a solid cam and I am trying to make out an approximate list of costs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just had them installed in my 289 heads. Although the shop did it for free, they said it usually runs about $125 (includes the studs and installation).

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
It will be more than that due to the canted valves. You cannot just mill across. I do not remember the cost but I got my 4v DOAE heads, the machine work, the guide plates, SS valves, seals, and springs for 810--an exceptional deal as I hear.

JG

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2002-06-26 19:03, MonsterMach wrote:
$125.00 does it at "Fultz's Machine Shop", here in Las Vegas
If that's for 351 Cleveland heads, I might just take a road trip to Vegas.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Larry, was that for the Beast's Heads? If it was, I guess that is the going rate and sorry for the wrong advice. I thought I read somewhere that the canted valves was a bit harder, and needed to be done differantly (takes more time) than a SBC or SBF head..either way hope it is cheap...the shop was in Temecula I will get the info.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2002-06-26 22:49, MightyMach wrote:
Larry, was that for the Beast's Heads? If it was, I guess that is the going rate and sorry for the wrong advice. I thought I read somewhere that the canted valves was a bit harder, and needed to be done differantly (takes more time) than a SBC or SBF head..either way hope it is cheap...the shop was in Temecula I will get the info.

Jeff Given
I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I bought a tool from Isky, chuck it in my 1/2" drill & go. Drills the hole, machines the guide, locates off of the hole as you drill it & has worked for years. They don't show it online but I know they still sell them.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Sorry about the delay otto!

Actually the shop was in Santa Fe Springs--a quick trip for you! The name of the shop was Raceway Machine.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Sorry about the delay otto!

Actually the shop was in Santa Fe Springs--a quick trip for you! The name of the shop was Raceway Machine.

Jeff Given

1 - 11 of 11 Posts