Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Need some opinions/recommendations on header dumps.

Going to be getting a set of hooker long tubes for the 390 in my '67 Galaxie and will be running 2.5" exhaust with 40 series original flowmaster mufflers. I would like to have the capability of running open headers without removing the entire exhaust system. This is not something I have had done on past vehicles, so I am looking for some ideas.

http://www.headerdumps.com has a set of header dumps for $118 + shipping. Seems a little pricey to me, but maybe that's in the ballpark?

Will they affect the flow of the exhaust when they are closed?

Couple more weeks and I hope to have the Galaxie on the road again. This has been one long winter, even with the mild temps.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
well, I know summit sells cut-outs for exaust systems. Now, if you want to make a shutter system with a piece of steel cut round attached to a swivel and a choke style cable, you could make your exaust system an open type or a closed type at any time. You could even trick it out so one side was opened and one was running all the way though. Its handy when you have a ricer on the passenger side and you open up the passenger side exaust and romp on it. Makes them put down the cell phone and look at you really fast! Hehe

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2002-03-13 01:58, Cyclone Joe wrote:
well, I know summit sells cut-outs for exaust systems. Now, if you want to make a shutter system with a piece of steel cut round attached to a swivel and a choke style cable, you could make your exaust system an open type or a closed type at any time. You could even trick it out so one side was opened and one was running all the way though. Its handy when you have a ricer on the passenger side and you open up the passenger side exaust and romp on it. Makes them put down the cell phone and look at you really fast! Hehe
The summit cut-outs are a much more appealing price. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I just undo the 3 bolts on my collectors, and reconnect the front of the exhaust pipe to the collector with one of the bolts so it hangs off to the side. It doesnt take too long, and its free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts