Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to find just the right header or manifolds for my buggy. Working with a 96 5.8L from a f250.

That is what i got. I more or less need something that dumps more straight back. My upper link mounts interfere on both sides, and on the drivers side everything pretty much interferes. I was looking at bbk mustang 5.8 headers. But not sure the drivers side would work and dont wanna commit to the purchase without knowing.
BBK Mustang 351W Swap Headers 1511 - Mobile SummitRacing.com
Short of building custom headers anybody got any ideas?
I was looking at crossing the left side over the top of the trans to the right. Similar to this idea....

The pass header would work great, if only the drivers matched...
The FF6 header set is designed to fit small block Ford 289-302, 351W engines in 1960-65 Ford Falcon, Fairlane, and Ranchero applications.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stock manifolds would work to, anybody got any idea what a stock app might have rear exits more horizonital and straight back vs downward.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How about marine manifolds? Were not too many 351's in boats that I know of and may be a completely different animal but it's worth a shot. Otherwise back in the day there were some ford gasser's used in industrial applications but that was a lot of 4 and 6 inline engines....351 may again be a long shot. Only other thing I can think of is grain truck applications and LP powered engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts