Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently put a set of Sanderson Limefire headers on, and that is when my problems started. Engine backfires through the carb under a load. Idle is horrible, and no matter how I adjust the timing and the carb it still runs bad. Before I put he Limefires on, it ran great. Is there anyone out there who knows anything about these headers?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Check your firing order. If you removed the plugs to install headers you may have gotten the firing order wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the firing order, and it is correct. However, according to the firing order diagram I have, it shows number one on the dist. pointing to number 6 sylinder. I have number one on the dist. more or less in line with number 8. Is it critical that I have the dist. just like the picture shows?

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I did check the firing order, and it is correct. However, according to the firing order diagram I have, it shows number one on the dist. pointing to number 6 sylinder. I have number one on the dist. more or less in line with number 8. Is it critical that I have the dist. just like the picture shows?
the only thing critical is the post on the cap is correct for the cylinder its to fire and the order . setting the timing , with a light i hope ...if not

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Do you know what cam it is? Some of the a after market cams use the 351w firing order. You need to confirm number one top dead center and confirm where the rotor is pointing on the distibutor.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
In another post I saw you replaced a lot more than headers. Were all parts new that you replaced?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aside from gaskets and having the heads and valves serviced, the only thing new is the cam. It is an edelbrock performer-plus. I went by the firing order that came with the cam. I will check TDC, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
A78 302 does not have adjustable valves have the heads been changed or modified?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts