Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am new to this big 390 v8. i just got new Doug's headers for my 1967 fairlane gta. i am having a hell of a time getting them on.... i have had it up on lift, and lifted the engine up, but not all the way out. I have no idea on what to do. I don't have either of them on right now, and they both wont fit in the bay. I don't want to, but i might have to left the engine all the way out.... is there anyone out there that has done this and can tell me what i am doing wrong... on the right side of the car i have gotten that header almost all the way in, but the starter mount in hitting the last pipe so i cant get it all the way in..... and I don't now if i am doing it wrong. i have twisted it every direction, and it still hits. now for the left side. i have gotten the pipes apart, but the front half is blocked by the oil filter, and the back half is the power steering cylinder... i don't want to have to completely disassemble my car to get them in, but if that is the way it need to be then i will do it. can anyone please tell me i don't have to disassemble it, and i am just approaching it wrong... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :cry: :cry:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts