Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there that have completed the 5.0. EFI in a 64 Falcon or Comet? I have the engine installed in the car but I can not get the headers to fit. I have a set of shorty headers out of a lincoln LSC, and equal lenght set that came with the engine. I don't know if there is any difference in the LSC shorty headers and Mustang shortys but the equal lenght headers that came with the engine comes closer to fitting than the Shorty. I installed the motor with the original stock V8 motor mount set-up. Any help would be welcome, thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well, first off the Lincoln headers were designed to fit inside of a Lincoln and the Mustang headers inside of a Mustang. Although they both fit the 5.0 engine the bends are not correct to clear the obstacles in the Falcon engine compartment. Unless you have the time to start banging and relocating the bends in the headers that you have on hand to make them fit you might want to just order a set to fit your Falcon. Sure would make life easy, sell the ones you have to help recoup the expense.
Ras Daniel

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I believe that what I will do.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I have Hedman Elite 88408 shorties on my 62. The 88400, 88406 (coated), and 88408 (coated and thicker) seem to be the popular choice for a 302/5.0 on a 60-65 Falcon.

My passenger side when in in minutes - maybe seconds. That just meant that the drivers side was going to be a pain and it was. I ended up adding a thick bead of weld to each tube where it attached to the head. I then had it machined at a slight angle to move the collector in 1/2" from the steering box.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
The Hedman fit in my'64 with no problems or mods.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've got Hooker Super comps on my '64 comet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts