Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put supper comp long tube headers on with hooker high performance crossover x-pipes and slp loudmouths as the axle-back mufflers.
I was wanting so opinions on the performance and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm wanting to put supper comp long tube headers on with hooker high performance crossover x-pipes and slp loudmouths as the axle-back mufflers.
I was wanting so opinions on the performance and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Don't do the loudmouths. Cancels all the low frequency notes and makes the car sound like an overstrained ricer. But if that's the sound you like, then go ahead, as this is somewhat opinion based. Also, as far as headers, makes sure they are at the least, ceramic or SS.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Make sure you utilize TEAM SHELBY as well. The forums there are full of SGT guys who have modified their cars to no end.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Just a opinion, but the Xpiped exhaust sounds a lot more bike-like than a H...very European sounding compared to the sound of split or H crossover piped ones. The drone issue might need looked at too, with these relatively small engines and relatively huge pipe, a lot of guys get a drone at around 2100 rpm.
A buddy gave me a set of manga flow straight thrus off his Shelby to put on my lowly gt, they sound a little bit louder than stock all the time, but really get kinda loud when stepped on...and have a very slight drone at 2100.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It's when the exhaust hits its resonance frequency and makes that sound even louder. Basically, at ~2,000 rpms (especially w/ Flowmasters), the exhaust starts to resonate and the car gets much louder inside (think about the constant drone you hear bag-pipes makes). Fun fact, the drone is in the right key to go w/ the majority of Who songs (provided you have the right gearing and speed).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts