Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANY ONE EVERY USED EARLY DART HEADS IN MAVERICK BUILD. I'VE LOOKED IN HOOKER CATALOG AND THEY
STATE THAT THEIR HEADERS DON'T WORK WITH DART HEADS.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
They said the same thing with the Hedman swap headers for my 65 Mustang with a 351W. But guess what they fit just fine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i have the heads, made my own headers for 1st, a 67 mustang, & then my tube car. the problem was that the exh ports were raised, but not the bolt holes. ive often wondered if it would work to cut the flanges off the headers and turn them over, because i think i found that if i just flipped the header gasket upside down it was a good match to the ports & bolt holes. might be worth checking on. if they do match, then the question is, is there room for the headers to move up about a 1/4 inch? ( i did not try this since i used the wide bolt pattern, made custom flanges, put epoxy in the narrow holes, & made 1 7/8 primary headers.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
MY sons car has the dart 195 head and we used the regular runof the mill headers with no problems. He has a 70 and it was converted from the 200 six to 310 cubes. .060 302. Runs great, we also installed a home built c-4 and used the early mustang II bell housing much smaller then the normal c-4 bell housing and had a 3400 rpm stall convertor built.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts