Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but ya gotta hate header companies for not doing any research...

ok guys, any of you have hedman headers on a 351 with c6?? i was gonna get the tork steps but then i find that hedman:

1. doesn't make headers for my year (74)
2. doesn't make headers to fit a 351 with C6

ok, 73 bodies and frames are the same in the engine compartment as the 74....so i know that's wrong, but what about the c6???

what other header companies can i go with?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hookers are out too, none of thier 351 headers work with the c6

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Don't know of any off the shelf headers for a 351C with the C6. Just about every header mfg has a footnote that says their stuff won't fit. Even the Dynomax that I installed on my '70 Torino with 351C and C4 gave me trouble with the shift linkage. C6 is bigger, so ya know it's gotta be a tighter fit. Good luck man, let everyone know if you get lucky.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hooker Super Comps WILL fit a 351C/C6 in a 72 and up Gran Torino . They say they won't , but they DO ! Have run a couple sets of 'em over the past 10 years .
Dan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kinda like Hooker says you need the 6201 headers for a 429CJ/SCJ but won't work with power steering and you have to cut out part of the wheel well, however the 6115's fit perfect with power steering (I have them). They will tell you they won't fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what's my best bet, get ones that will fit other than the tranny, and just bend em??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any difference between the ranchero and torino front ends??? cause i found some that say they fit the chero with the c6

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have Hedman and a C-4, but I still had to "tweak" mine to fit. My cousin has a 400 and a C-6 and was able to make them fit.
The Ranchero is exactly like the Gran Torino.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts