Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 mustang that i just built a 306 with Windsor Sr heads for. I am running a C-4 tranny, and I was wondering which long tube headers fit the best. I tried a set of 1-5/8" flowtechs but they were the worst fitting headers I had ever seen. The collectors were way off from the cut outs in the tranny cross member and I could not install the starter lead without having the wire hit the headers. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hedders are a problem in the Fox body Mustangs!! Had the Flowtech on my 85 GT Mustang with a 306 and had the same problems!! NOW,with a 331 motor with Canfield heads,they were a dream fitting,of course these are Hooker Super Comp. 13/4 hedders,but now can't get the spark plugs to fit,because they hit the hedder flange because they have a hedder plate to adapt the BIG tube hedders!!WHAT!!!!!! PROBLEM!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply 331NosMustang, I was thinking of getting a pair of Hooker Super Comp's. Now I am rethinking my options.

Does anybody have any experience with Hedman headers??? How do they fit. Thanks for all help.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't speak to your Windsor headed engine and fox chassis, but I've got a 351C in my 79 Fairmont and I've got headers that were made by Pro Mustang (Coast High Performance). They fit really well. They're a "swap" type header with individual tubes and bolt on collector. Good luck!
Scott

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I used Mac long tube headers on my car. 85 Mustang with a 302. TFS Street Heat heads. They fit real nice. I've also installed a c-4 trans.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The old headers I just sold that were on the car, last year, were Mac long tube, ceramic coated 1 3/4" . I loved them. They fit like a dream. Shame they were too small. C4 behind the 351w.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts