Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a set of SuperComps on a 67 Mustang with power steering? It looks like the power steering hoses are where the header needs to be. It might clear, but its hard to tell just by looking at it. Will I have to move them?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to say its a 289/C4 and I'm talking about the drivers side header.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
There is some kind of relocation bracket for power steering but I don't know if it will work with the Hooker's or not. Its part # 3A652 and NPD sells it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the same problem with my Comps. I actually had to remove the bracket that holds the hoses, so I ran the hoses straight down from the pump, under the oil filter, next the the lower control arm mounting point, and then up and into the ram down below. Both hoses go this way, just make sure you have enough slack to be able to turn. I've had it this way for about 3 months, haven't had a problem. I'll try to get a picture of it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had nothing but trouble with the stock hose setup in my '67. My solution was to upgrade to the '69 setup 351w setup which routes the hoses under - works really nice. The '67 390 cars also were routed under. Only sore point is a SB '67 control valve has a 1/4" pressure port vs. the 3/8" used on latter years & BB cars. I replaced the control valve with one from a '68

Steve S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts