Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been following another thread about headers, there were some pics posted of the hooker 6130 and the crites headers. I was wondering if anyone had information/pics on the sanderson F391 headers, clearance, and if you would recommend getting the cheaper ones or paying the extra money to have the aluminized ceramic coating put on them? I am working on a 65 with a 352, auto. Any information would be great and appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions or information.....I could use any help or information you might have. Thanks!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks puttster! I sent a couple of the guys with the sandersons an email. I appreciate your help!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I am on my second set of Sanderson's on the 65 Galaxie 352 Cruiso. Installation and fit usually not much of a problem. The passenger side has to have the idler arm bracket removed from the frame and pushed out of the way and the header is installed from the bottom. Good time to switch to a High Torque mini-starter too. The drivers side is installed from the top. Sanderson's quality control can be a little hit or miss. I prefer to get mine bare metal as to see what I am actually getting. Coatings can cover up some stuff. I will probably go with FPA headers when these give up. To be fair, most headers are not made to OEM specs and aren't expected to endure the rigors of a normal passenger cars life. I drive my Galaxie at least 250-300 miles weekly around the SF Bay Area. Header bolts loosening over time, silicone eventually burning up, causing leaks is the most frustrating. I get a 1000-1500 miles before needing to reseal them. I ordered a small can of this Deacon 3300 sealer, expensive, and will try it in the next few weeks.

Deacon Industries - High Temperature Sealant Products

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks hardforcore....Sanderson's quality control can be a little hit or miss. I prefer to get mine bare metal as to see what I am actually getting. Coatings can cover up some stuff.

So when you go with the bare metal do you leave them bare or do you put some sort of cover/high temp paint on yourself?
Thank you, that was helpful information!

I guess I messed up the quote from ya! I'm new!!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
So when you go with the bare metal do you leave them bare or do you put some sort of cover/high temp paint on yourself?
Thank you, that was helpful information!
I wash the headers down with acetone and let them dry. Put them in a 350 degree over to get hot. Hang them on a hook and paint them liberally with this stuff. Don't burn your fingers. :

Rust-Oleum/12 oz. flat aluminum high heat paint (248904) | | AutoZone.com Don't have photos handy of the Galaxie engine. Here are a couple photos of my 57 Bird Yblock with Sanderson's and the same paint treatment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great! Thanks. No issues with ground clearance with the sandersons? I'm excited to get them ordered!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts