Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for headers for my 1962 Falcon.
The front end is unmodified from stock. I have stock shock towers.
The steering components are the 64 Falcon V8 components.

I have a 302 cid motor with Trick flow Twisted Wedge 170 heads.

It has G-force T5 manual transmission with cable actuated clutch.
I have a Lakewood scatter shield Bellhousing.
The car is mainly used for drag racing.

I'd like to use Crites 1-3/4 full length headers. Will they fit? Anyone have experience with them on a Falcon similar to mine?

Will I have suitable access to the spark plugs to quickly remove them?
Ive looked at the Dougs headers but it appears the spark plugs are not easy to get to.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the Crites headers on my 65 Falcon and they fit great. Not good for lowered cars though. I would call Crites and see what they say. You do need to shave the shock tower center rib down and they give you a template for that.Also need to use the Ford motorsport oil filter relocation kit to point the filter down.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the Doug headers on my 65 Falcon with the stock shock towers. I just changed the plugs today.I didn't have any problems with getting to the plugs.I don't think I would enjoy changing them when the engine is hot.May be with a set of the gloves made for heat.They fit nice and don't hang down .Only problem is they are 1 5/8.Good luck. Nice looking car.Roger

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would try Mad Dog headers for a 5.0 based motor.
Call Stan at Ford Powertrain Applications or FPA headers. He does not list them on his web site but last time I talked with him he is making headers for the 64/65 Falcons. The Crites headers use to be made by Maddog then Crites started making the headers in house a few years ago. Sounds like they lost the guy building the headers and have not found a replacement fabricator. Ford Powertrain Applications

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
For overall fit, finish and performance I would recommend Dougs. Pricey but worth every penny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts