Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have roller block 302 new, forged pistons, (factory)D00E windsor heads ported. TFS cam with .498 and .501 and 224 @ .050.Compression at about9.5 to 1.
question 1....what is the best non ringed head gasket to use.

question two.... why would my inner two intake valves be carboned up but not the rest on both banks. Performer RPM Air Gap Manifold with Road demon.

Question 3...Is there any header gasket that doesnt leak.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Gary,

I can help you with #3....Try Earl's exhaust seals (Summit has them)!! They have an aluminum frame that uses graphite inserts. Once you tighten them down, they don't leak and the frame is re-usable...all you have to do is buy new graphite inserts!!

I have them on my 408W with no problems where I couldn't keep regular exhaust gaskets from leaking!!

Good Luck,
Cobrajack

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
For #3 I like ROL's graphite faced steel core gaskets. Not too spendy and reuseable. No leaks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
well I think I might have a answer for number one and maybe number 2

probally the best head gasket to run is a felpro HP head gasket, either copper ring or steel ring

the inner 2 intake valves are the closest to the carb and there for get more fuel, is it the 2 inners on one side or one both sides.
if it is one side probally one side of the carb is richer than the other
if it is both sides I am guessing that the fuel has more time to evaporate to the front and the back, also because it burns leaner it maybe be burning away the carbon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts