Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting some heads for my 88 mustang gt here pretty soon and after reading up a bit on them I have been leaning more towards the twisted wedge heads from trickflow.You guys have any experiences with them?Good input? Any bad input? I am pretty new to the hobby,(or lifestyle rather haha) I was also planning on putting a cam in there too at the same time,(something with good rumble, yet still streetable) any recommendations? these will actually be my first mods to be done to the engine . The only things I have done so far to it are exhaust,4.10 gears(its an AOD) and a k&n filter.any info would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The heads will help a bit but you won't see a big diff until you swap out the TB, MAF and intake. The biggest choke point on a stock 5.0 is the TB, MAf, then the intake and finally the heads.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
unless your car is california emission and is already a mass air car don't add the cam, at least not until you can convert it over to mass air. The speed density cars measure fuel requirements based on engine vacuum, the bigger cams rob that and the fuel is not metered properly. Use the money to address the throttle body as was mentioned already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go with the tw heads they are a good choice I'm actualy saving up to buy those for my fox. I think your choice of first mods is good, they will give you more hp for your dollar, but you should consider the tb,and maf if your car has it,if not convert it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts