Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tubes for the core go through the firewall, and hook to the hoses coming off the engine.; probably has gotten plugged up and corroded and finally sprung a leak.
You are going to have to simply take the dash apart, and replace it, which is an AC car is going to involve some time, if you have never done it, might take a weekend.
if you need info, let me know. I have the ford manul on CD, and should be able to email info if you don't have a service book.
TIme being, take the hoses off the heater core to bypass them, and simply loop them to avoid dumping antifreeze in the car if you have to move it around, etc..
Andy

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hey anonymous...

Your heater core is BAD please replace it...

Don't forget to wash the inside of the windows when done because all that vaporised coolant that got everywhere...

FE

·
Registered
10 Posts
THANKS FOR THE INFO - WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF REPLACING CORE, HOWEVER I HAD A DIFFICULT TIME TAKING UNIT OUT AS MANUAL DID NOT TELL ME TO DISCONNECT LEFT PLASTIC VENT IN ORDER TO GET THE UNIT OUT OVER THE CENTER CONSOLE.

CAN"T COMPLAIN TOO MUCH SINCE HEATER HAS BEEN WORKING FOR 33 YEARS, AND IT GETS COLD UP HERE IN THE MOUNTAINS.

IF ANYONE EVERY NEEDS TORINO PARTS WE HAVE GOOD CONTACT #'S THAT WE USE.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I replaced the one in my 73 just before I sold it. It was'nt bad at all. Now a 87-93 Mustang sucks 100 times worse!
You do NOT have to remove the dash to do it.

2007 Torch Red Shelby GT500
2004 Marauder/2004 Cobra

A Jack of many trades, But not a master of a single one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wildosvt01 on 11/13/06 8:05pm ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts