Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the heater box and plenum from a 68 with factory A/C will fit in a 67 that did not have factory A/C?

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
as long as you have the holes in the firewall for the AC coil and the heater core. They should be there just with rubber plugs in them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I picked up the heater components from a wrecked 68 but have not had the time to examine my car to see if it will work. My 67 is basically a shell that I am piecing together. I was a bit concerned because it appears that the openning in the firewall doesn't match the blower motor from the 68.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The '67 won't have holes but it will have a stamped area that can be knocked or cut out for the evaporator pipes. The rad support will have a similar stamped area too for the condensor pipes. The blower motor hole should line up. Stu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I see the knock-outs. I almost hate to punch it out after spending so much time cleaning up and smoothing out that firewall! My thought is to install the A/C style heater box and associated under-dash components in case I elect to actually install A/C on down the road.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hope you got the LH controller with the rest of the parts. The AC system is vacuum controlled. Make sure all your vacuum servos are functioning perfectly before installing the box/ducting system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually have to go back and pick it up. I had pulled it out with the rest of the stuff but the guy said he wanted an extra $60 for the controller and L & R vents. I didn't have the money at the time but he is holding it for me. Thank you. I'm glad you reminded me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts