Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We pulled the fender and when we pulled the cover off to get the core out and there was so much rust because the core was leaking over the years. The bolts were rusted out that hold the metal frame that secures the core in the housing. When trying to remove the metal a piece of the housing broke. I can not seem to find one anywhere. Can I glue this back together? Does it matter if there is a small crack tin this housing?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Id definalty get that replaced and not risk the gluing. If you can find a new gasket to the housing and use adhesive glue before mounting the new housing.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
We pulled the fender and when we pulled the cover off to get the core out and there was so much rust because the core was leaking over the years. The bolts were rusted out that hold the metal frame that secures the core in the housing. When trying to remove the metal a piece of the housing broke. I can not seem to find one anywhere. Can I glue this back together? Does it matter if there is a small crack tin this housing?
Thanks for your help.

I believe this part is a type of plastic. A fiberglass repair kit, found at any home center, will do the trick.

Frank

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Agree w/weird. When I pulled my box it was pretty broke up on the edges but some fiberglass and a cutoff wheel got me back in business. I suggest laying the glass then putting down some wax paper on the driveway and turning the box over onto that to set. That will keep the repair flat with the firewall, which is critical to operation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You didn't say what year and if the car has A/C or not. I have one from a 67 A/C car I would sell if you want. PM me and we can work it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts