Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE ran into this problem with a set of Canfield heads and HOOKER super comp hedders with the spark plugs against the hedders?? WHAT do you do???????? Can't even fit a spark plug socket in there to tighten plugs, and could hardly get the spark plug boots on!!!! It's an 85 GT Mustang

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Accel or somebody makes a short plug but I haven't tried those. Something has to give. Either you take the headers loose to change plugs or dimple the headers to get to them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hottarod,just for your info,and thanks for the info, the spark plug hits the hedder flange,not the tube!!!I have been racing for quite awhile and never seen this before!!I know they make the shorty plugs to fit next to the tubes of the hedders,but not the flange hanging over to obstruct the plug!!What the bad part to this is,is that the super comp. hedders have a spacer plate to bolt the hedders up to the Canfield heads!! The hedders have a staggered bolt pattern since they are soo big!!WELL,wanna go fast but pay the price in the long run!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts