Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I put one in my 289 without an issue for 2 years. then i pulled the engine out for a 460 swap.. my 289 went into a 66 mustang and he hasnt had an issue with it arcing.. par for the course though.. some might be good some might be bad.. I like the 2 wire setup.. 1 for ignition hot and 1 for tach.. simple setup, no external coils, no ignition box or bulky wiring.. but that is my experience with them. I may put on in my 460BB soon too. dump that duraspark II setup...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I put a DUI (Davis Unified Ignition) dist. on my 390 which is set up just like yours. It is much larger, but as I recall, I didn't have any issues with the overflow tank. I did have to get an offset air cleaner base though. It was hitting the old one. I have been really happy with mine. No issues in two years.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
HEI does not mean it has to be '80s style coil-in-cap. Put an HEI conversion module in it with the remote HEI or TFI coil (or round can equivalent). No need to change appearances or fit. Or run a DuraSpark with the red-grommet HEI box and coil.

David

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey LAGal i got a new thread with a few pics included some close up wire photos from new harness and my dist if u need a dif angle or anythng let me know bcuz im goin to wrap em tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.