Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know anything about the Helix Power Tower,it is a 1in. spacer and it goes between your TB and the EGR spacer on the 5.0s. I found it in a Summit mag. It claims up to 20hp,I doubt that I just was wondering if anyone has used one or knows someone who has one and what they or you thought of it?
Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cougar on 4/2/02 7:55am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have one on my '00 F-250 V-10 and love it. It increased part throttle torque quite a bit and increased milage 2-3MPG. I didn't notice any wide open throttle power increases but definitely a large part throttle torque increase. The Superchip I got really helped WOT performance but it needs premium unleaded so the knock sensors don't detect any detonation and retard the timing. Noticed a major part throttle and full throttle power increse but no milage gains. It's programmed for the 49ft/lb and 30HP increase but can be programmed more aggressively for a $100 chip re-burn fee. The conical gauze open air filter increased HP at the upper RPM range. I can say all these mods would have similar(but less) effects to your Cougar but the spacer and chip(some chips don't do anything but Superchips does) should help performance and gas milage a respectable amount.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 89 my Cougar's new motor is an H.O with 10.5-1 compression and ported stock heads,do you think it would make a difference vs. the S.O motor that was in it? Also do you think one of these can be made? Hope I worded this right I am not trying to be a smart ass so don't take it as that just trying to explain the best I can in type.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts