Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked up a 62 falcon and am super excited to start building her up. Going to doing a pro touring setup with it with a mustang 2 front end and 4 link rear. I will no doubt have countless questions for folks on here so appreciate in advance for the help and pointers.

First question is what are guys using for a T56 crossmember for the early falcons? My thoughts were since the falcon shares a lot with first gen mustang's that i might be able to use something there. This will be a road race inspired setup with an LS motor powering, and want a good manual trans to thrash the gears in. Thanks again!

· Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, just picked up a 62 falcon and am super excited to start building her up. Going to doing a pro touring setup with it with a mustang 2 front end and 4 link rear. I will no doubt have countless questions for folks on here so appreciate in advance for the help and pointers. First question is what are guys using for a T56 crossmember for the early falcons? My thoughts were since the falcon shares a lot with first gen mustang's that i might be able to use something there. This will be a road race inspired setup with an LS motor powering, and want a good manual trans to thrash the gears in. Thanks again!
Hey Welcome aboard. First don't get fooled by "the Falcon is the same as the Mustang" It's not! Second I used the crossmember from DriveLine. Third be careful of the tail shaft you choose, a S-10 tail shaft will put your speedo cable right in the middle of the crossmember. Fourth, DO NOT get a Mustang II setup from Heidts. Good luck

· Registered
4 Posts
I've got a 63 Ranchero and can testify that the t56 install caused lots of floor and firewall work. Big tranny is a little car. I also have a TCI Mustang 2 front and 4 bar rear. Honestly If I had to do it over I would have put a narrowed 9" in with a TKX trans. The heim joints clack quite a bit and there was loads of cutting and splicing. I don't know about the LS swap but will say that a 302 based motor is easier to fit than a 9.5 deck 351 based motor. Oil pan to steering becomes a problem with stroker crank as well. Maybe an LS would be easier, really didn't look into it. Torque from the 427 is a hoot though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts