Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my self a '64 Ranchero & while looking around for info & stuff I stumbled upon this site. :D

I've been a long time Ford guy & I've had many cars.

But as to my Fords I've had:

'74 Capri
Many Fox body Stangs ( at least 5 of them )
& Currently have this one that unfortunately at the moment is up for sale.
$1,800.00 Runs GREAT!
But needs some loving, the interior is Bad & the top needs to be replaced..

Here's a Pic of me AutoCrossing it a while back.

& then currently I also own a Pre-Runner Bronco.

& a 4 Door Bronco/ Centurion F350 PSD.

& Finally Heres the Ranchero that brings me here.

I also own a '91 Miata that I currently AutoCross in & a Suzuki Samurai that is FARRRR from stock. :D
& a few other toys..

Anyways this Ranchero is proving to not be the awesome buy I thought it was when I drove it home, But nothing throwing more money at it cant fix..:frown:

Looking forward to learning lots from you & making new friends..

·
Registered
368 Posts
...[snip]
& Finally Heres the Ranchero that brings me here.

I also own a '91 Miata that I currently AutoCross in & a Suzuki Samurai that is FARRRR from stock. :D
& a few other toys..

Anyways this Ranchero is proving to not be the awesome buy I thought it was when I drove it home, But nothing throwing more money at it cant fix..:frown:

Looking forward to learning lots from you & making new friends..
What's not working with the Ranchero? Sounds like you had high hopes for it and reality is something different?...

Also, lemme throw in my Samurai story. Had a buddy who bought one new, we found that if 2 guys sat in the back, and my buddy dumped the clutch, it would easily pick up the front wheels a good 12". Damn impressive at stoplights...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's not working with the Ranchero? Sounds like you had high hopes for it and reality is something different?...

Also, lemme throw in my Samurai story. Had a buddy who bought one new, we found that if 2 guys sat in the back, and my buddy dumped the clutch, it would easily pick up the front wheels a good 12". Damn impressive at stoplights...
That Sammy story sounds like fun! :D

As for my Ranchero......
They butchered the strut towers & the powersteering was incomplete needing work & the rear axles outer bearing were trash, shall I go on.... :(
Yet the body seems straight & rust free with a decent interior.....

Well see next week assuming its ready to drive by then what other issues I may have to deal with...
I realize the car is older than I am, But I dont have as many issues as it does. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts